The Agara lake, is located in Begur Hobli, Bangalore South Taluk, in survey no.11 of Agara village to an extent of 5A – 39G and Survey no.11 of Venkogirao khane with an extent of 136A – 30G totalling 149A – 24G. This lake is a part of Bellandur lake series. The main source of water for this lake is from HSR layout, BTM layout, Jayanagar and Jakkasandra, Siddaguntepalya with excess water from Madivala lake. However, the area has been reduced to 97 acres 32 Guntas, after the construction of the ring road Karnataka Lake Conservation and Development Authority the Bangalore Development Authority. Initially, this lake was under the Karnataka Forest Department. As per the Government Order No. FEE 114 ECO 2003 Bangalore dated 26.02.2007, the lake was transferred to the LDA from Forest Department with an extent 97A-32G.
Rejuvenation and Development of the Agara lake, Begur Hobli Bengaluru South Taluk:
The total estimated budget for Rejuvenation and Development of the Agara lake is Rs.16.10 crores. This amount has been approved in the 2015-16 budget, Karnataka Lake Conservation and Development Authority the Karnataka state government. The Administrative approval for the Rejuvenation and Development of Agara lake in a period 4 years (2015-16 to 2018-19) has been sanctioned vide G.O. No.FEE 116 ENV 2015 Bangalore, dated: 19.01.2016.
Details of development activities taken up in phase-I of the project –
- Tenders for civil works for an amount of Rs.6.25 Crores has been invited as per the Transparency Act & civil works.
- Tenders have been invited for developmental works from forest wing for an amount of Rs.188.82 lakhs as per the Transparency Act.
Grants & outlay:
- Funds released, till date – Rs.2.00 Crores.
- Expenditure incurred till date, for civil works – Rs.88.81 Lakh
- Expenditure incurred till date (Karnataka Lake Conservation and Development Authority the forest dept.) – Rs.5.00 Lakhs
Progress of Developmental Activities –
- Rejuvenation & Development of Agara lake weir connecting wetland and lake work has been completed.
- Wetland inlet sedimentation filtration pond work has been completed.
- Silt trap at inlet-2 work has been completed.
- Construction of Engineering Wetland work has been completed.
- Fencing work on Outer Ring Road side and 14th main of HSR layout work has been completed.
- Island improvements work has been completed.
- Toilet block no.1 work is in progress.
- Walkway work is in progress.
- Idol Immersion Pond (Kalyani) : Construction of Ramp is in progress.
- Planting of submerged & emerged plants in wetland has been completed.
- Providing pathway & landscaping to children play area is in progress.
- Providing external electrification & illumination work is in progress.
- Providing play equipment to children play area work is in progress.